By Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks
- Presents the 1st whole, authoritative reference paintings within the field
- Organized thematically to be used either as an entire advent to the sector or an encyclopedic reference
- Draws on unique essays from top interdisciplinary scholars
- Features the main updated and leading edge learn within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, know-how, and their broader highbrow environments
Read or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
Engineering schooling within the usa was once lengthy considered as masculine territory. for many years, ladies who studied or labored in engineering have been popularly perceived as oddities, outcasts, unfeminine (or inappropriately female in a male world). In ladies Coming to Tech! , Amy Bix tells the tale of ways ladies won front to the usually male box of engineering in American better schooling.
Within the culture of Jared Diamond's weapons, Germs, and metal, this provides the very early heritage of ways human ingenuity overcame the chance of famine via efficient agriculture. beginning with a layman's advisor to the chemistry of nitrogen fixation, the publication is going directly to exhibit how people emerged from nomadic existence and commenced constructing cities and settlements.
The 5th millennium BCE used to be a interval of quick social switch. one of many key elements was once the advancements in know-how which ended in the increase of the metals undefined. Archaeological reveals from websites relationship to the Chalcolithic interval point out the creation and use of copper. 'Dawn of the steel Age' examines a number websites - from copper mines in Jordan and Israel to the villages of the northern Negev the place copper used to be produced in family workshops, to a sequence of cave burials the place a number luxurious steel items have been buried with the elite individuals of Chalcolithic society.
Think the 20th century with no images and movie. Its background will be absent of pictures that outline historic moments and generations: the loss of life camps of Auschwitz, the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the Apollo lunar touchdown. it'd be a heritage, in different phrases, of simply artists’ renderings and the spoken and written be aware.
- The Trail of Gold and Silver: Mining in Colorado, 1859-2009 (Timberline Books)
- Historical Dictionary of Science and Technology in Modern China (Historical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East)
- Fallen Astronauts: Heroes Who Died Reaching for the Moon, Revised Edition (Outward Odyssey: A People's History of Spaceflight)
- Great Columbus Experiment of 1908, The: Waterworks that Changed the World
- The History of Mining: The events, technology and people involved in the industry that forged the modern world
- Robotic Exploration of the Solar System: Part 4: The Modern Era 2004 –2013 (Springer Praxis Books)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks